I miss our intellectual conversations. I think it started when we both got really busy with work and school, and we only saw each other once a week. We didn't talk as much on AIM and our conversations shortened to one word or short phrases. You were the reason I started blogging on this website and I'm thankful for that.
I bring this up because I started intellectualizing again today. I don't know how to bring it up in a conversation this late at night, so I'll save it for another day, but write it here.
God is a mystery. He's so great that it's impossible to fully comprehend Him. If we did, and knew everything there was to know about God, would he still be God? Or would all this knowledge, knowing what He will do, how He "thinks," of Him let Him still be God. God is so powerful, so vast, so incomprehensible, that He is not restricted to the human mind, or human characteristics. God doesn't have ears because He can take it all in at once. As we all know, ears can only hear so much and comprehend that before being overwhelmed, and God is never overwhelmed by our prayers. But here's what I was really getting at. God is love, God is unrestricted, but God is love. Can God only be love? Or can He be hate; can he be sadness; can he be surprise? We have biblical support that God did not like what was going on in the world, so He flooded it and built a new covenant with Noah. Was God anger? We can't restrict God, but is it too far to think that God not only loves us, but can be angry, dissappointed, or even proud of us? I honestly don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but I think it's another one of those mysteries that we can't comprehend, can't solve, but I would guess that God loves us ALL the time, even when He's disappointed, sad, or even disgusted in us. As Nez would say God is "EVERYTHING."