I wrote another poem today, but I feel it wasn't motivated by me, more like it was motivated by demand. I was talking to Charmaine last night, and she had an idea that I should write a script for fun during the month of April or August (she didn't know which, and I just nodded my head and smiled =P). But what caught my attention was that I was supposed to write the script in a period of 60 days. Now I believe that I could do that, but have constraints and limits on what I am working on consciously affects my approach to certain things. She mentioned it being a goal that I could complete, but I feel that my best goal would be to complete my best work possible, no matter how long it takes. When you're doing something for fun instead of for money, I feel that passion can not be rushed and intuition and creativity will come naturally through the flow of thoughts and actions. However, I really like Charmaine's suggestion that I write a script for a play or a movie. That would be AWESOME because I've always wanted to do that =)
I had to write a 10-14 line poem for my English class about a humanitarian nature, or something like that. I didn't know what that meant, so I wrote this instead (longer than 14 lines because I'm a badass like that)
Why do we waste time?
What happens when it’s gone?
We fear the stress,
But how do we get strong?
There’s pain and suffering,
Anger and hate.
Yet we always feel that joy,
When we get that first date.
We’re nervous and afraid,
We don’t know what’s in store.
Hopefully this person brings joy into my life.
And I’ll be courageous like Michael Moore.
Then we get married,
I have stood up to that bully.
Commitment has lost, courage has prevailed
And I understand that fully.