Sunday, May 18, 2008

UCI Adventure and Start of the Beginning

Currently listening to: Only the Good Die Young, by Billy Joel

I finished my essay! Woot! I hope you're cheering for me; that was tough shit. I am so glad that I'm done with class that I can barely express it in words.

Last night I got to go on an adventure. I really like adventures, especially the type of adventures that involve scary, white lab rooms. Charmaine and I went to UCI to study and finish our papers, but we went at like 10pm and nobody was there. We went to the Engineering Gateway building that's supposed to be open 24 hours and we tried to find the study room. What we ended up finding was this freakishly scary white hallway with signs that said DANGER, or TOXIC on every other room. And these two guys that didn't even go to the school were walking around following us and pulling the chemical-cleaning showers. Ugh, how rude =P
We ended up going to Interfaith (the door wasn't locked!) and Charlene joined us. We were rockin' it, doing our work, not procrastinating anymore until Nez came and made it even sweeter by playing piano for us. Now a lot of people hate homework, but that was my favorite night doing an essay (even though I hated the essay). We should do that more often. A special thanks to my friends for keeping me sane last night. God knows I needed the community =)

I know what you want.
There's no place to hide.
Tell me your secrets.
In me, you can confide.

Mind over matter.
You think I can't handle?
Your beauty lets me see clearer
Like the light of a burning candle.

You think it will be better
If we remain apart?
Your voice sends chills down my spine,
Increasing the beat of my heart.

My timing is so bad.
I can never do it right.
My summer starts Wednesday.
Let me kiss you a sweet good night.