Monday, May 26, 2008

Peer Presh and 5/22 - 5/26

Do you succumb to peer pressure? Can you stay true to yourself and your beliefs when your friends sit there calling you a pussy? What happens if you allow peer pressure to dictate your actions, are you a bad person? If you do it, are you doing it against your desires, or do your desires coincide with those of your "friends?" Questions like these determine how strong your will is and whether you are doing things for the right reason.

What a long, great, tiring weekend. Thursday I introduced my friend Scuba to my friends at Liwanag. They kicked it off pretty good. We all went clubbing and had an awesome time.
Friday we had our luau at work. It went real well and we had a good turnout with the families, despite the fact that we had to have it inside because of the rain. After work, I called up Tony, Camila, and Kimchi and we all rolled up to Chain Reaction only to find out that they stopped selling tickets at 9 (it was 1030). Kimchi really wanted milk. We were like "wtf" and we went to Dairy Queen, but the damn ice cream place didn't sell milk. Can you believe that?! We got ice cream cones, and when these gangsters guys rolled up blasting hardcore rock next to my car, we looked at them and continued eating our ice cream cones =P Later that night, after dropping off Kimchi, Tony, Camila and I found our old friend Jaimee Sia. We tricked her to come outside by playing Backstreet Boys, then threw her in the car through the window and drove off. We haven't seen her in months, so of course we had to kidnap her...duhhhhh. Then off to Daniel's house to wish him a surprise happy birthday. We tried to trick him too by playing Backstreet Boys, thinking we would go 2 for 2, but he ended up grabbing the keys to my car and kidnapping US! Whoa! We went to Denny's and sang him happy birthday.
Saturday I woke up around 1130, then went shopping with Kimchi and her friend Nancy for their prom stuff. Nancy was so cool! She was really nice just like Kimchi said she was and she took my fashion advice seriously. I had a lot of fun shopping with them and I didn't even buy anything. I just told them whether they looked good or not in the shoes, jewelry, etc. Fun times =) Later that night, Kimchi and I went to see We Shot the Moon and Everybody Else. I ended up buying both of their CDs and you should really check them out, so good.
http://www.myspace.com/everybodyelse
http://www.myspace.com/weshotthemoon
Then I spent the night at the Pascuals and had a good time.
Woke up that morning and went to Mass with Daniel, then off to Santa Barbara for a night of partying with two of my best friends. Now I need to let you know that I'm a HUGE clutz, no joke, and the first 30 minutes I was there, I spilt Lemonade all over my pants! My only pair of pants. So we took them over to Scuba's cousin's girlfriend's house and threw them in the drier and it was all good. After watching the Lakers lose, Daniel and I played beer pong against the rest of the guys in the house, and we ended up going undefeated. This was the highlight of the night for me because I've only played beer pong once before and completely sucked =/ I had a good time playing this game called King's Game, which I got to do some improv =) The night was really fun and with pong being the highlight, I don't need to go into the rest of it.

Now this brings me to my header of this blog. What do you do about peer pressure? Your best friends calling you a pussy. I had a good share of drinking last night, but I'm not the type to drink to get drunk. I was just having fun, and when I felt I reached my limit at 7 beers, I didn't want to drink anymore. My friends saw this as a sign of weakness and couldn't understand why I didn't want to throw up and have a miserable night later, not remembering a thing. Maybe its me, but throwing up and memory loss isn't my idea of fun ;) But by not succumbing to the peer pressure of "getting totally fucked," I felt I stayed true to myself AND had a real good time. My friends got over trying to nag me, and I didn't wake up hating life. Just goes to show kids, be true to yourself and don't follow your friends for the wrong reasons.

Today, a bunch of my friends went to a park in Irvine and had an AWESOME park day. We played bball, football, played on the play ground and had a bunch of food. Now some of the guys wanted me to play football with them, but I really didn't want to because I was tired and had a stomach ache. Peer pressure. But I went to the bathroom, refereed for a few minutes, then I was out on the field having one of the funnest football games of my life. Thanks Liwanag and friends =) (btw Chris Beltran, Julian, Mel, Scuba, Matt, and Kirsten are ANIMALS on that field, whew!)

much love, stay genuine. wanna talk? I'll be on aim: Yostevo7

Steven
=)