Well well well...I did the impossible!
I filmed my final project AND edited it in the same day. I have to admit, it doesn't look like a half-assed effort either. Yes, I always wish my projects looked better after I'm done editing them, but believe it or not, this is the best looking one (all things considered). Special thanks to Hazel and Scuba, who ended up being the only people available.
I'm not mad or anything, but there were a lot of people that weren't able to make it on this project. I'm very understanding of people's situations, but the amount of cancellations were starting to irritate me. As much as I wouldn't want to hurt people's feelings, I have to be honest, my feelings were a little hurt. If somebody asked me to help them on a final project, I would not cancel on them at 11 o'clock at night telling them that I wouldn't be able to make it tomorrow morning because someone decided to change the time that they were going to be picked up at. Yes, I don't know the situation, and it was probably unavoidable, but it was still a mess. I was scrambling to find replacement actors at midnight on Friday night after I had spent the whole day in pain and throwing up due to the removal of my wisdom teeth. I was planning on fighting through severe pain and sickness in order to film this project, yet I couldn't seem to get anyone to show up for it.
I woke up Saturday morning feeling completely depleted. I hadn't eaten anything in over 24 hours and could not stand up without feeling sick. When I got the texts that my location would be unavailable and that I would only have 1 hour to work with my actress coupled with the fact that I still felt pretty sick, I decided to cancel filming for Saturday and try the impossible by filming and editing on the same day on Sunday. I was able to do it, but wow what a rush.
I was able to fight through the pain and sickness and ended up having a decent day. In the morning, I just watched television with my dad. We watched Daddy Day Camp, which ended up being a heartfelt movie, even though the acting and plot sucked horribly. It was good watching a movie with my dad where he didn't fall asleep for the first time. After he left to go do some Christmas shopping, I watched some episodes of What About Raymond and According to Jim. Those shows are sooo much better when you're ill and can do nothing else ;) When everyone came back, my dad, sister, and I watched Con Air. I had never seen it before, and it ended up being pretty cool minus the whole unrealistic, illogical crash landing in Las Vegas. They could have left that out of the movie, and they would have had a better movie. I ended up feeling well enough to go out last night, and Cody and I went to the Block to see Boondock Saints 2. That movie was BA (bad ass), and I don't regret going one bit. I recommend that movie to ANY guy and any fan of the first one. There will only be one original Boondock Saints, but the second one does a good job trying to top it. After that, I had my first meal in 2 days at Johnny Rockets (cheese fries that took me an hour to eat because my mouth hurt so bad).
Filming today was fun. I was feeling better, and Scuba and Hazel ended up being a good match. Scuba's not quite a professional actor, but I realized today that he could play a wide range of parts if he put his mind to it. Unfortunately, some little things he did made editing an "adventure," but it all worked out in the end.
I'm going to make my next blog about what's going on with my faith as well as some challenges I feel Liwanag can overcome.
Enjoy.