Oftentimes we're so worried about the future, that we are blind to what's in front of our faces at this very moment. I just remembered the first thing that I EVER wrote on this blog:
"When there's too much to write, the best thing any person can do is be GENUINE."
I've been missing this "genuinity" in my life lately, and it's time I start getting back into it. Another one of the first things I wrote, which explains the name of my blog, My Voice is My Art, was something like:
I was never a really good at drawing things. So my voice is my art, and the relationships I have are my paintings.
I'm gonna make some bomb ass paintings this year. What better way to start off the year than to throw a party at mi casa with some of my closest friends? Hope you can come, because if you're reading my blog, I already consider you a good friend.
One thing I'm proud of today (I essentially sat on my ass all day playing video games and reading) was that I applied for two internships, and I already got a reply from my first choice. Now I shouldn't get cocky, and I already made up my mind that I'll apply for 10 before the end of the year, but that's a good start. I'm going to take the initiative over my life and make good things happen for me. No more waiting around for things to fall into my lap. When you want something, go for it, and HAVE FUN ALONG THE WAY. =)