Friday, December 4, 2009

Good Bye BGC, Hello Two Weeks of Crazy

Today was a good day. I slept in, skipped class, and felt very refreshed. No rush, no stress. Went to work, then back to school for my night class. We got out early because it was ridiculously hot in the classroom (it seems that no one can turn off the heater at the CSUF Irvine campus). I went back to work, and I'm glad I did. It was a bitch sitting in traffic for so long, and had we not had family night, I would have gladly stayed in Irvine.

Tonight ended up being one of my favorites, if not my favorite, family night. Everything from a logistical standpoint went excellently smooth, especially the performances, pie eating contests, and the music video that I made for the club. It was Saul Good the whole time. Yes, I didn't get to eat, and I'm still hungry as I type this, but it was all worth it. If tonight was my last night with BGC, I would have left completely satisfied.

This was potentially my last family night. The end of an era for me. I've been meaning to blog about it, but I've never really had the chance or the right state of mind to do it until now. I'm leaving BGC. I'm going to be going to class for 2 full days next semester, a schedule I can't work around as they are some of my last classes that I need to take. Unfortunately, I was not able to get the classes I wanted because I ended up taking a few days discerning whether I wanted to stay with BGC or go to school. I chose school, but the classes had filled up. I now have to petition for 3 classes, which sucks, so there may be a chance that I'm still with BGC next year. Unfortunately, I would also be without health care, which would also suck ass, so it seems that school is the more important route on this journey. I'm fine with that though. BGC has gotten to the point where it doesn't feel fresh for me anymore. My whole heart is not into it, and a you need your whole heart for a job like this. You can't just clock in, and clock out when it comes to kids. That's another reason that I chose to go to school instead of work, I need a break from it. If I can't give the kids 100%, then I am robbing them of something better they deserve. Don't get me wrong, my 50% may very well be better than some people's 100%, but I can't say that I look forward to going to work anymore. I'm sure that would change after a couple of months in a different environment, but I do not know where that road leads or if that stop is along the way.

I'm thinking about my future, but I'm not acting on it. I need to set some goals that I need to achieve. First is to find an internship AND contact them before December 19th. Second is to find a paying job that will be flexible with my hours, but at the same time add to my resume' in the direction of the entertainment industry.

You know who's a good blogger? Annaliza (but I'm still going to beat her someday =P )

I enjoyed FJF's homily on Sunday. He talked about how we are in a NOW culture. We want everything instant, or "to-go." In some cases we are looking for immediate answers; answers that we want in our time. We don't live life according to our time. We live our lives on God's time, and in God's time, patience prevails. Like I said in my last blog, He always finds a time to remind me of His love, and it's usually at the most unexpected time, involving unexpected people.

My life is about to be hit with a case of the busy-ness, but at the same time, I can't lose sight of what's important. For the next two weeks, I will need to prioritize and balance. Prioritize the IMMEDIATE, and balance it with the joy that comes from the relationships I have with my friends. IMMEDIATELY, I need to start AND finish a research paper due next Wednesday. I will balance that, by going to the Paul Frank sale on Saturday morning, and if worse comes to worse, neglect my fantasy football team all Sunday to finish the paper. IMMEDIATELY, I need to find a cast to help me film my final project for Film Production, but I will balance this by making the filming fun, and going to grab dinner with my cast afterward. It also makes me glad that UCI students are finishing up their finals this week, so anyone that is staying here for another week, doesn't have to worry about school and thus could potentially be more available. We'll see, I want this project to be good, and I will storyboard it all tomorrow night. I will have fun, but the partying will have to be on hold for the next two weeks. School isn't the only IMMEDIATE need that requires my attention right now, and I need to make time for those kinds of things too.

I think I put my blog onto private today. I came to the conclusion that I would like to know who's reading my blogs, or at least for the time being (probably like a month or two, then I'll make it public again). So if you want to read my blog, follow me and then I guess I have to approve you or something. I dunno what's going on, but let me know if you can still read my blog right now, because I'm not convinced that it's on private. Comment, yeah?