Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Before I Forget...

I always felt that a mix of Liwanag and GL would have been the perfect youth ministry.

It may just be my opinion, but I feel that the people in Liwanag yearn for a more academic understanding of what we believe in, and I felt that the people in Guiding Light yearned for a more experiential aspect to their faith. Both of these groups brought something different to the table, which is why it was such a joy for me to go to each group every week. I personally needed both. I wouldn't be able to live on reasons without response, and I wouldn't be able to live on emotions without education. A mix between the core strengths of both groups could result in a group that catered to both ends of the spectrum and had a sense of balance. Right now I'm feeling a little wobbly if you know what I mean.

I'll reflect more tomorrow night probably. I need to get up early to get my camera cleaned tomorrow morning (It finally came in the mail!!!).

I'm glad you're doing better. You have no idea how happy it made me to hear good things from you.