Sunday, October 18, 2009

You're a Good Man Charlie Bartlett

Angels lost. That hurt, but I'll live. Unfortunately, I haven't been following up on the interview I was supposed to get with Matt Bennett, so I'm going to have to look elsewhere for opportunities to interview people for my Entertainment Studies class (this is due Wednesday).

I got to watch some good TV/Movies at Scuba's house tonight. Up first was The Office, where Jim and Pam got married. Jim is one of my favorite characters ever created. You know that you have a successful character when your audience wants to be like that character. Jim really has the type of personality that I would love to have. There's nothing wrong with my personality, but I know it would be better if I took elements from his character and incorporated it into my life.

Next was Charlie Bartlett. I was planning on leaving Scuba's house and going home to go to sleep when this movie came on (approx 1230ish). From the moment it started, I was hooked. I had previously heard of this movie and really didn't have any desire to see it. I especially didn't like the artwork on the box when I saw it in the store (the artwork was a mess and very misleading from the actual story being told). It was the story of a young man who has been getting in trouble and being moved from school to school (kinda like Sean Astin in Toy Soldiers). The boy listens to people's problems and becomes their unofficial doctor/shrink. He gains popularity this way, and one of the best lines delivered in the movie was "Some thing are more important than popularity...like what you do with that popularity." Charlie chooses to use his newfound popularity to continue helping people and do it for free without prescribing drugs. It's a great story with GREAT acting. Anthony Yelchin (Charlie Bartlett) is an amazing actor as well as Robert Downey Jr., and Kat Dennings (from Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist) is as hot as ever ;). I didn't expect to like the movie, but I ended up staying at Scuba's house for an extra two hours watching it. "Charlie Bartlett" is definitely as good as those other pseudo-indie movies like "Juno" and "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist," and is one of my favorites now.

Song of the night, from Jim and Pam's wedding: Forever by Chris Brown. I'm fairly certain this song came out a long time ago, and I'm very behind on contemporary hip-hop/R&B/pop music, but I really like this song. It's totally new to me, just like Ne-Yo was to me a couple months back. Just listening to this song makes me want to take a girl on a date to just dance. If there's one thing I could do all night, it's dance.

I really want the people in my wedding to come down the isle like this: