One thing I love more than anything is compliments. I like giving, as well as receiving, compliments. If you ever wanted to know the way to my heart, it's to make me feel like I'm special, like I stand out, recognition. I love hearing these things, and I know that other people love hearing them too, hence the reason I compliment people as much as I can. Don't get me wrong, my compliments are sincere, but I do it because I know how good it feels to be recognized. I notice you changed your hair, I saw your brand new shoes you dished out $75 to buy, I like the headband in your hair, and I like the bracelet you're wearing on your ankle. It's YOU! You stand out. You're awesome. I would hate for you to go a day wearing something or doing something different, something you really liked, and not a single person noticed your effort.
I would take a compliment over $20 any day because it means so much to me, and it feels good to be recognized. Go recognize your friends, your family, even strangers because you might have said the only kind word they have heard the whole day.
Also, it was REALLY cool finally saying the "three special words" (We Love Jesus) at the end of the Liwanag meeting for the first time today. It really marked for me how far I've come over the last 3 years. After 3 years, I feel like I've done it all (or almost there). I've given a talk, been on both summer and winter retreats, MCed Spirit Rally, prayed Closing Prayer, been in a family, ushered at mass, lectored at mass, sang during praise and worship, and have finally ended the meeting with the three special words that we say so loud that "I'll be able to hear you without my hearing aids." ;) I am very fortunate and very blessed to have been able to do so much that very few people have been able to do. It's great to see new faces and returning old faces. I sure hope they stick around, as the people I've gotten to know so far are awesome. People I've introduced myself to so far are: Mark, Francesca, Taya, and Roxanne. Gotta remember these names =)