It's days like these that help me remember why I do what I do.
Work was GREAT today. It was the first day of summer programming, which is much different from the regular school year, and it did not disappoint. I was expecting it to be much tougher with the larger number of kids we were anticipating this summer, but it ended up working out really well. We split the kids up into 3 "teams." These teams have their own color, names, and lead staff to go along with them. My team name is the Super Scuba Steve Squad, or S4, and our colors are orange and white. The kids don't like the name too much, but I think we're gonna stick with S4, only because I've been promoting it all day (my second choice was the Deaf Squad). By the end of the day, my kids were flashing their orange wrist bands and saying "goodbye mister Steve." After one day...wow. I still can't believe how open these kids are to the program. I mean seriously, it usually takes way more than a day for the kids to feel comfortable with you. Maybe I'm getting better at what I do, or we just have a real cool group of kids (maybe both). My activity today was Yearbook Club. I split up the responsibilities of Yearbook Club into three teams. These teams are the Photographers, the Interviewers, and the Editors. All of the people in each team are really interested in what they're doing, which makes my job easier and makes me happy at the same time to see kids doing something they love. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but I can already tell this is going to be a great summer.
I'm going to pass on Disneyland water day with MK, Tony, and Camila. I've got baseball practice at 6, and I don't want to rush myself. I wonder if anyone's down to do something tonight.
I got invited to be part of Paula's Debut, which I'm really excited for. Apparently I'm a Rose and part of the Cottillian (or however you spell it). Should be real easy for me considering I'm "part" Filipino. ;)