Monday, July 6, 2009

Lights Out

My internet...

...I've got it back!


Haha, I got to enjoy a nice little power outage tonight. The worse part about it was that my fan turned off and it got really hot in here. Oh well, I guess it's kinda like camping, but not really.

Today was good. Mike and I teamed up again to deliver an unstoppable GL Meeting at the 11th hour. When he and I combine forces, there is nothing that can stop us (now if only we could combine our efforts for the backyard brawl video). The theme was "rejection," something us guys seem to know a lot about. I found a parallel between Jesus' life and much of our lives. In today's Gospel reading, Jesus comes back to his hometown, only to be rejected and ridiculed by his people. He had done nothing wrong, but heal people and treat everyone with unconditional love. It made me think, sometimes, no matter how hard you try, there will be people out there who just don't like you. I've learned not to take it personally, and to just treat everyone with love instead. I was talking with someone recently about the "cliquey-ness" of certain things and how people get really mad at that. I personally don't put all that much emphasis on it. Yes, I know it's there, and that it makes a lot of people mad considering what kind of group it is, but it doesn't seem to bother me too much, and here's why I think that is: I'm cool with a lot of people in the group. I try to reach out to all of them, but there are a lot of people that I know I will never have a deep conversation with, maybe never go out to dinner, or hang one-on-one with the person, and I'm fine with that. As long as I also have a handful of people that I can trust, turn to, and talk with, I'm a very happy person (and by definition, that's kind of cliquey too). Do people think I'm cliquey? I have no clue, nor would it bother me if they told me I was. I like to treat everyone with love, including the groups of people that reject me (just like Jesus). This sounds very egotistical and "high-horse," so let me elaborate so as not to appear pompous. I like the people around me. I like saying "hi," greeting them, making them laugh, and hopefully if I'm lucky, have a good conversation with them. I'm able to do this because of extrovert personality. It's much easier for people like that to be more social with people they don't entirely know. I know that most people are introverts, and I can't assume that they can come up to anyone/everyone and have a conversation. But here is my favorite part: extroverts can start conversations with introverts (pretty cool huh?). I believe that the perfect combo is an extrovertive person conversing with an introvertive person and they get to experience the best of both personalities by growing together.

Back to the cliquey-ness: I'm fine with it, but I know a lot of people aren't. However, I would much rather be close to a select few than be acquainted with many and have no one to really talk to.

At times, the future looks as clear as day; at other times, all I see are debris littering the abandoned road. I've made it this far, but I could be farther. I try not to leave people behind, but sometimes it is inevitable. I've let too many things hold me back from reaching my true potential and absolute happiness, and I don't want to do it anymore. There's one thing I really want to do that's going to make me happy.

I need to stop blogging so late at night. I feel a lot of my blogs are incoherent at this time, and I seem to be writing in a stream of consciousness.

Even if I'm rejected, I won't stop loving. I won't stop being like Jesus.

Work tomorrow. When did my life get so busy.