I'm 21 now, but I've yet to do any "hard-core" drinking yet. I probably never will be a hardcore drinker, and I'm very content with that. I like the comfort of being casual and positivity it brings me.
I very much enjoyed my 21st birthday. We went to Souplantation in Costa Mesa. What really made my day though was the night before. I was talking to Charmaine on the phone, and she told me that they moved Rosary to 6 and the bonfire to Wednesday so that everyone could come to my birthday. I didn't get the email (oh those sneaky ones ;) ), so it was a wonderful surprise for me, and I truly felt blessed to have such understanding friends. After dinner, Scuba, Jordan, and I went bowling at my favorite alley, 300. I bought myself some sort of mango drink (I've yet to have someone buy me a drink for my birthday), that was interesting because I'm definitely not a fan of Vodka.
I forgot to mention how my day started off: Tony and I woke up early to go to Disneyland to get our annual passes. I'm excited for the pass. I remember last year when Tony and Camila bought them, I said I would never buy one. It was too expensive, and I would never go often enough. The reason I bought it (partly because of Tony and Camila) was mostly because it ended up being so cheap. With my birthday pass, an extra ticket I had, and $50 of Christmas cash, I was able to buy a Deluxe pass while only forking out $150 from my wallet. Amazing right?
Now that I've got my Disneyland pass, I'm on a mission. I've been reading up on these "Hidden Mickeys" and I want to find them all so that I can impress cute girls when I take them to Disneyland (as well as Tony ;) ). This is turning out to be an adventure, and it should really keep me involved and riding rides.
Last night, after work, I went back with Tony and Camila to watch my first @Disneyland Fireworks show. I never saw the fireworks from inside the park (or at least, not that I can remember), and it was spectacular. I read later today that each show costs approximately $50-60 thousand dollars per show. After the fireworks, we rushed over to Tom Sawyers Island to see my first Fantasmic show since I was a kid. The show was great! My favorite parts were seeing the footage of the Chernabog for the first time, and when the princess boats were gliding past. The reason why I mention the princess boats is because when the Belle and Beast one passed by, there was a great version of Beauty and the Beast playing, sung by a male vocalist. It was the best version I had heard in my entire life and I want to figure out who sings it. I got home and started searching, but this was the closest I could find to the version I heard during the show. Close, but not quite:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5Cvq416zuQ (embedding is disabled)
Before I forget, another one of my favorite parts about my birthday was watching the Pixar Parade at California Adventure. It took the place as my favorite parade at Disney/Cal Adventure.
I want to let my heart explode with love, but what I'm really doing is letting it slowly leak out to the people around me.