I haven't blogged for the last couple of days. It not because I haven't had anything to say, but because of a number of other factors:
1. I haven't had much time to relax the past couple of days. I've always been working or going out and having fun. The last two days have pretty much been recover days. One good thing that's come out of the past two days, however, is that I've been home to watch the Angels game with my dad. I can't sit there and watch the whole thing in one sitting, but it was great calling pitches and just sitting watching the game. Things have been so busy, it was nice to just chill.
2. I've been learning a thing or two about too much information. Sometimes I may be too honest...too honest for my own good. It got me into trouble at work, and it could get me into trouble in my personal life as well. I'm no good at lying, so I choose not to say anything at all. I'm starting not to trust myself because of this. How much is too much? I need to find that line.
With that said, I don't want to give too much information about my weekend, but if you were there, you know what I'm talking about.
Friday was so tough getting to work. I actually had to have Ram drop me off because I wasn't feeling well at all. I ended up trooping it out, and not only working the whole day (8 hours), but also throwing an awesome party, cooking food for all the kids, and running an obstacle course at the BGC Friday Night Party for the kids. It was such a tough day, one of the hardest in my life, but I survived. That night, I also got to say goodbye to a couple of good friends at a party. I sure hope they remembered it though.
Saturday was magic. Got to have All Star tryouts for RBI, then went to Mark's graduation dinner. I felt really honored to be there, with only a handful of people being invited. I can tell Mark and I are gonna be friends for a long time. We def got to get some of that male bonding in =P After dinner, we went to get StickiPicki's (Asian photos). I felt so tall in the shopping center. Everyone was like a foot shorter than me. Afterwords, I had a great time getting to know my friend better. We shared a lot, and I let her know some of my insecurities (something I haven't told people in a long time). I want to keep doing this, and definitely get to know my friend(s) better. The sunrise would have been perfect, had it not been for those pesky clouds getting in the way. I know she's gonna be real busy once she starts school again, but I hope she's still down to hang out and have conversations like that again.
Sunday was a long day, especially since I was going off of 3 hours of sleep (got home at 7am after the sunrise). I ran the GL meeting, which ended up being a success. None of the core guys were there except Sean, which kind of hurt. The reason why I wasn't mad as I normally would have been was because Tony had told me a few days before that a lot of the guys weren't going to show up to GL so that they could watch the Laker's game. Props to Tony for letting me know ahead of time, not so much props to the rest of the guys (I found out that morning, after I woke up from my 3 hour sleep, that the rest of the guys weren't going). It's fine, I just wish they would have let me know a little sooner like Tony, or at least invited me. I can't run a meeting if I don't practice what I preach though (the meeting was on positivity). I decided to turn an adverse situation, into a joyous occasion. I looked for the positivity in all of this, and it turned out to be a blessing to get to know the rest of the GL members a little bit more on Sunday. I'm not mad at the GL core guys at all because they gave me an opportunity to get out of my bubble and know the rest of the members better. Celine and Alina really stick out with their passion to serve and have fun. I'm glad they're part of GL. We played games, focused on surrounding yourself with positive things, and to be there for each other (to support each other as brothers and sisters in Christ). We made our own "yearbooks" and wrote positive things to each other. By the end of the day I was smiling, remembering why I choose to serve in the first place =)
Monday ended up switching from recovery mode to Bowling buddies with Charmaine, Charlene, and Hazel. I've learned that once you accomplish your goal once, it's much easier to do it a second time. I'm now part of the "100 Club" every time I bowl. It's a little something I like to call confidence. I hope to infect the people around me with it =D
Today was another long day. I ended up getting sick (these long nights finally caught up). We spent the whole day (6 hours) in the sun, which was another reason I was so drained. When I got home, I knew I wasn't going to be able to go to my friend's graduation dinners, which really made me sad, but I know that I needed to stay home. I've still got a long week ahead. My BGC kids are graduating tomorrow. I know that they're going to do well in high school, and I feel blessed that they were introduced into my life, if even for a short time.