Before I forget...
I was taught how to play some chords from an unlikely source today. One of our kids from Boys and Girls Club was playing basketball at the school. He saw me playing guitar and ran over. He asked if he could play, and he ended up knowing what he was doing. He taught me 4 or 5 chords, which is more than anyone has ever taught me. I had so much fun trying to memorize those chords for the next hour.
Thanks Danny Kim.
Benjamin Button
- "You never know what's coming for you."
- "Did you know I've been struck by lighting 7 times? One time I was just sitting in my truck minding my own business."
Updated at 1:18 am:
Benjamin Button was really good. Not quite what I expected and felt rushed at times (which is weird because the movie was like 9 hours). They could have left certain things out and expanded on rushed scenes more, but overall it was a great experience. It had a lot of good messages that people could apply to their lives. Everyone's different, and we're all alone. Even though we're alone, we're all on this planet together, and let's make the best of what we've got, while we've got it.
The most memorable moment for me had nothing to do with the movie, and everything to do with the memories. I will always remember Benjamin Button as the first official time I began practicing the guitar. I practiced the entire 3 hours, and I can still feel in on my fingers. I feel like I made a lot of headway in memorizing the chords. I've got G, D, Eminor, A, and C down now. I gotta keep practicing so that I'll never forget them though. But one thing I won't forget: for the rest of my life, when I look back on learning to play the guitar, Benjamin Button will be one of those memories. Mad props to Danny Kim (one of our kids from Boys and Girls Club) for taking the time to teach me the little bit I needed in order to motivate myself to learn guitar. Don't let me falter guys! =)