Sunday, February 1, 2009

My Surrender

Sometimes we just need to let go. Give it all up. All our stress, all our plans, all our control, everything bothering us, bringing us down, just give it all up...and surrender. Give it all to God and ask Him to send His Holy Spirit to guide you in your life. I was able to do that this weekend. I was able to let go and unwind. We planned an awesome retreat, but we need to realize that there are some things out of our control. The times when things are beyond our control are the hardest times to say 'yes' to God, but it's in those times when we realize how much we need God in our lives. I'm very blessed to have the people in my life that I do. Don't forget how important you are to me and how much I love you. God's love for us is greater than anyone can imagine, but I'm going to take that love and give it back to him. Don't be afraid to love. God wants us to love each other express that love in the best way possible that brings that love back to Him.

"Hold me in your arms. Never let me go. I want to spend eternity with you."