Tonight was the first time in a long time I got to hang out with my dad. We actually got to talk to each other. It never got real deep, but just spending time together for once made it real great.
First we went over to my grandma's place to set up her new HDTV. Had I not been there, it probably would have taken them over a half hour to set it up. But with my expertise in the world of today, and my +5 skill in Technology (haha, for the people who get that), we finished setting up the whole thing in 10 minutes. Later, when we got home, my dad asked me if I wanted to go to the horse track with him to go bet on some races. Usually I say no because I have something else to do, or I just don't want to go out, but today I made myself say yes. It was great. I learned how to bet (somewhat) and I got to hang out with my dad and just be cool. No yelling, no lectures, just the dad and son feeling I've always wanted. Hopefully there's more of that in between each shouting session. Btw, I apparently am gifted with beginners luck because I walked out of there + $45. I only played a $10 the whole night and left with $50. I guess that's good considering my dad didn't break even ;). I'm sure looking forward to the next time we do this.