Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Realization

I am starting to realize what God is asking of me, what He wants me to do. This call has been there for a long time, and I've been listening as hard as I can, but there has always been distractions, noise, interference in the message. The sound is starting to clear (and I haven't even gotten new hearing aids =P ), and I'm starting to think of my experiences in relation to my strengths. God has blessed me with so much, an incredible amount. I am so fortunate to have the support system I have from my friends, and I've never been subjected to a lack of food, money, or any necessities. Yet at the same time God has also helped me overcome obstacles in order to understand the difficulties I face cannot be faced alone.

God has given me strength. He has formed me into a rock, a person who is able to share the burden with his fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. I am lucky enough to have a shoulder to cry on, as well as be that shoulder for others. I used to always think that I was attracted to people with "problems," but I think the opposite is true. I think God brings these people into my life because He knows there is some way I can help them, some way I can be a light of Christ in their lives. I'm the type of person who will make a decision not because it's popular or in my best interest, but because it's the right thing to do. To set aside self-interest is hard, trust me, it really is hard to put a sure thing down in patience for something better, but I have seemed to have taught different people this concept during different situations.

Strangely, I don't think God lets a lot of suffering reach me because He wants me to be strong eoungh on my own to be able to be strong enough for the people that need me. I love you and I want to be strong for you. If you're facing some tough times, don't go through them alone. It's like the chopstick analogy, it's easiest to break a chopstick by itself, but hard to do it when there's many of them. Let me be the wall to lean against, the tissue to wipe your tears, and the ear to listen to what you have to say.