Saturday, February 7, 2009

Risky Business

I haven't been blogging as much as I used to. It's not that I don't have anything to say, but more like I just haven't been thinking too hard about much lately. I feel like I've been on cruise control the last two or three weeks, and I really haven't been myself. I tried to take an active role into getting myself out of this autopilot, but going out and taking a risk I wouldn't normally take.

I decided to weather the, ahem, weather tonight and drive out to Irvine for Mel's birthday bash at BJs. I made him a name-card, sign/necklace thingy. I think that is going to be my new "thing" for people's birthdays: instead of buying them a gift, I'm going to make them a special name tag for them and so that everyone can see. BJs was good with Joyce, Jem, Ace and I talking about Strawberry Shortcakes (yummmm =P ). Next we went over to Jem's pad for good company and good conversations. I'm glad we took the risk. Even though we hydroplaned a few times on the way home, it was well worth it.

Another risk I took recently has really been paying off. Remember when I said that I usually play it safe and don't tell the girl how I feel. Well ever since I decided to go against logic adn listen to my heart, things have become amazing. Granted, we need to use both our mind and our heart to make decisions, but I made a decision I wouldn't normally make. We have grown so much, and I thank God every day for allowing this person to be in my life. Her light really shines brighter than others, and it pains me to not be able to visibly see her light every day, but it makes those moments on the phone, and the fleeting moments she is home, that much more special.

<3



btw, I need to stop typing as I'm falling asleep. My grammar, punctuation, and words probably suck right? Goodnight! =)