Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Right Track

Things have been coming around for me. Just got back from a solid retreat with my Liwanag friends at Joshua Tree. We shared our experiences, but one of the most profound moments for me actually came from a game. We played this game where we each had a disability and had to cross a designated area using only pieces of newspaper. Of course my disability would be "mute" because I love talking so much. This was actually a big blow to me and it made me realize how much I cherish my voice. We had some good reflection time too.

Mad props to core for opening up to us the way they did. That took some big balls, and it meant a lot to me that they would trust us with their experiences.

Over the course of the weekend I came to the understanding that I want to be a better brother. I want to develop a good relationship with my sister before it's too late. I want to get to know my parents better and be a better son. Time to start focusing on the people closest in my life.

Shoutout to Genie (Gen-nay-nay) who taught me how to play two songs on the guitar this weekend. It really meant a lot to me, and I was able to impress my sister with "Leaving on a Jet Plane."

We celebrated Eucharistic Adoration today. It might have been the first time I've done this since GL's "Final Meeting" in the summer. Wow, have I missed it, and surely needed Eucharistic Adoration. It gave me the chance to refocus my thoughts and TALK with God and not TO God. Afterward, I celebrated the sacrament of reconciliation with Father John Francis to complete my little circle of indifference that began 6 months ago. I'm ready to get back into the game. I had a good break (or not so good), and I feel refreshed and reenergized. I'm going to go back to where I was happiest and that's serving others on retreats. Whether I serve for St. Polycarp, St. Columban, or both, I'm going to give it my best shot, and with God in my heart, nothin' can stop me.

Good convos with Scuba tonight too. We learn from experiences.