Monday, March 8, 2010

Weekend Update: I'm the Sports Guy for Comedy.com

Just because you stumble doesn't mean you give up.

I'm loving Twitter. I know that's a weird thing to say, but I got this new program called TweetDeck, and the thing makes using Twitter such an easy, enjoyable experience. Okay, enough with the commercial, now what's really on my mind.

My internship is great. They put me in charge of Sports for the Comedy.com website. Technically Sports.Comedy.com is now my new blog, and Twitter.com/sports_comedy is my new Twitter account. Follow me and talk to me. It'll make my job a lot easier and fun for both of us =P

I say this all the time, but I am really lucky how easy school comes for me. I see my fiends struggling to get C's and B's when I slack off, neglect studying and end up with A's and B's. I still haven't decided if the reason behind this is because my classes are easier, or because I am blessed with a great comprehensive ability and memory. Could be both, but I feel like a jerk whenever I talk about it? I'm sometimes asked how I am able to screw off and get good grades, and I feel embarrassed to say that it's a blessing/talent. I shouldn't feel embarrassed though. We are not supposed to hide our talents, but to share them and to use them for the good of each other. It sucks that I don't have to try as hard in school as you do, but at the same time you can play the guitar much better than I can, or cook, or sing. Don't be afraid to share your talents.

After a few drinks, I hooked up with a friend's roommate the other night. I wonder how that's going to play out. =X

Director, writer, and producer David Burke came to visit and talked to our class last Wednesday. He asked if anyone wanted to become an agent, and I was the only one who raised my hand. He then proceed to rant for about 5 minutes how much he hated agents. It was a great bonding moment to say the least =P I learned from David. One of my future goals is to produce a successful movie. That is when I know that I've made it: When I produce a movie. He wished me the best of luck when I mentioned producing to him. He said that it's the hardest most thankless job in film, but if you could do it then you're awesome. He also opened my mind up to the position of being a manager and mining for talent. David said, "A good manager is what an agent is supposed to be." They care about their talents' well-being, their careers, and what they want to accomplish. I think, in the right setting, I would enjoy that very much. I plan on getting David Burke's email address from my professors on Wednesday and ask him about a summer intership (though I'm not sure what I'd do yet).

My heart is set on going to the Newport Beach Film Festival April 22-29. I have never been to a film festival before, but it is something that I really want to experience and would be a great setting for NETWORKING. It's all about who you know, and I plan on getting to know a lot of people in the next few months.