Do I think The Hurt Locker is the best movie ever? Nope. There was no climax to the movie, and there were a lot of major unanswered questions/plot lines. The whole movie left me wanting more. The Hurt Locker wasn't a bad movie by any means, I just felt that it didn't deserve the Academy Award for Best Picture.
I helped my dad clean out the garage yesterday. I think that I'm going to have a sore throat for the next two weeks from inhaling all of that 10 year old dirt and dust. He thanked me after, and I could really tell that he meant it. He even gave me money to pay for my oil change to show me that he was proud of me. So far this whole getting to know my parents and sister better mentality is really working out. My relationships with my parents and sister are improving tremendously, and I'm starting to get something I feel like I have lacked for most of my life: the sense of family. D Don't get me wrong, I have two of the most awesome, involved parents a kid could ask for. My dad watched nearly every single baseball and football game I played my entire life. He goes to every one of my sister's soccer games. My parents volunteer in our sports, help us with our homework, and make sure that my sister and I are not slacking off. Even at 21 I still have my parents breathing down my neck. I may not agree with all of their methods, but whatever they do works. I would not be where I'm at today if it wasn't for them. I've really started to take an interest in my sister's life starting with her soccer games. We now have meaningful conversations with each other, which used to be very few and far between.
Comedy.com is going great. Being in charge of sports allows me to stay up-to-date on what's going on in the world of athletes and keeps me on top of the funniest things that they're doing. I swear this is the next best job besides Boys and Girls Club, and I would love to get hired to work here. I'm going to work on my next list this week and have it ready by Friday. Any suggestions for a funny sports list? I've already done Charles Barkley Moments and Funniest Players in the NBA. Someone suggested I do Funniest Hair Styles, but I'd like to get a little more creative.
The one thing that I don't like about this internship is the drive to Santa Monica. I am seriously considering moving out there because the drive is so ridiculous. I even looked up jobs on Careerbuilder.com and found positions at an extras casting agency (that's how serious I am that I even looked up actual jobs, something I've never done in my life). Who knows where this path will take me, but things are getting interesting once again.