Friday, March 19, 2010

Blog-Worthy Thursday

Today was a blog-worthy day. The day started off with me getting to Santa Monica relatively fast, and I found a good parking spot. I finished my list on the 12 Sports Celebrity Look-a-Likes and a lot of people loved it. I'm thinking this could be another successful post, and I'll start marketing it hardcore status tomorrow. This internship is really enjoyable. Even when I'm not at work, I'm thinking about my internship. That's when you know you're doing something you love: when it doesn't feel like work. I talked with Matt the other day and told him I was really enjoying what I was doing, and he told me that means there is something here that I should be doing once I graduate college. This pretty much means I'm going in the right direction with what I want to do in life. I know that I don't want to be in a rigid structure. I love direction, but the creativity and freedom that Comedy.com gives me is just as, if not more, important.

After Comedy.com I went to watch Alamitos girls basketball win the BGC Championship. I was proud of them, especially since I was their coach at the beginning of the year. It was a different experience watching the game and not being in charge. I had to restrain myself a couple of times from stepping into the coaches shoes (because I know I could have done a better job), but I had to realize that this was not my team anymore. It was humbling and the girls ended up winning anyway. Good job for them. It's the little moments I'll remember more than the superstars' plays. I'll remember Monique diving out of bounds to save a loose ball. I'll remember all the rebounds Victoria got and almost single-handedly put her team in a position to win. I'll remember Lilibeth's 3-point shot, and Courtney's defense. I'm proud of those girls, and I'm glad I got to see them play basketball one last time.

Then Scuba, Ray, Ace and I hit up the pub. We met up with Nikki and Khrystyn and got our drink on. It was my first time having "Snake Bite" which tasted like pear juice mixed with a light beer (very fruity). I made fun of Khrystyn calling it a girly beer. Then we got the good stuff with the Heff courtesy of Scuba and Ray. After the drizzinks, we surprised Annalyn in what could have been one of the last times I saw her because she's moving back to San Diego. I was a little disappointed because here is a girl that I just met at the retreat a few weeks ago, and she seemed pretty cool, but just like that she's gone. Just goes to show that you should cherish your time with the people in your life because you never know when is the next time you will see them again.

I was glad Scuba and I got to kick it with Ray again today. He lives closest to us out of all the LOG peeps, and we really need to kick it more. I have a lot of respect for that guy for stepping up and being the true leader of Liwanag.