Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pictures

The thing that I think is the most amazing about pictures is their ability to capture memories and feelings. Sometimes you can just look at a picture and remember how you felt the day that picture was taken. All of a sudden you can remember every single thing you did that day because that pictures brings out the most precious memories locked away in the depths of your brain. If I ever get depressed or feel like the weight, the pressure, the situation is bringing me down, remind me to just look at some old pictures and remember the times when I was most happy.

I'm lucky enough to have experienced extreme joy so early in life. I'm lucky enough to have experienced higher highs than some people never experience their entire lives. I know this, and I need to be thankful for that every day. Some days though, it's easier to forget. It's easier to see the things around you and think, Man...this sucks.

I need to look at these pictures and remember not to change who I am...for anybody. This is me, and if people don't like it, well than that's something they'll have to deal with, not me. I enjoy being myself. I like myself. And when you like who you are, the rest of the problems are easier to manage because you're less likely to blame yourself for shit you can't control.

Welcome back, Steve. I'm gonna go look at some pictures.

Photobucket