I missed my internship interview today. I was pretty bummed out about it. I woke up and looked at my phone, ready to start the day, and read that I had a text message from 1030am. I thought to myself, that can't be right, then looked at the clock, and it said 1055. I was crushed. I went to bed early last night too. How could I sleep for nearly 11 hours knowing I had a big opportunity today. Something like this has never happened before. Hopefully they'll reschedule my interview if I'm lucky.
Next on the list is my last two weeks of Boys and Girls Club. I only have 8 working days left before I hit the unemployment market, which I am purposely putting myself into. I know that I'm blessed to even have a job, but I want more, and to do that I have got to start somewhere. Today was supposed to be the start of that, but I effed it up (even though I have no clue how I overslept).
Things are going great with the people I'm meeting in my life. I always worry about taking a step in the wrong direction because I never know what the end of the path looks like. I guess if you know where you want to go, it's a lot easier, but I'm trying to get somewhere by taking an unconventional path. Things are going to be different. I'm going to be tempted by many different things that I have always said "no" to my entire life. Things like drugs, sex, and partying. I know that I can say no to drugs, but the temptation will be even greater. I have said no to sex in the past based on a number of feelings/variables/situations, but the temptation will be even greater in the direction I'm taking. I have never been a BIG partier, but I feel like I can handle that one easiest of all because of how social I am.
Time's running out. Got to go to work. Next time I sign on, I will only have 7 days or less of work remaining. I'm going to try to make it exciting.