I've made up my mind: I'm gonna do some traveling before the year is over, even if it means that I'm going by myself. If there's anything that I learned today, it's to take risks. Ask the prettiest girl out, go for that job you always wanted, go to a foreign land without knowing anyone and search for adventure. Those who don't take risks, work for those who do. It has been the NUMBER ONE thing recommended to me by people in the entertainment industry. They told me that traveling was the best thing that they ever did in their life. You get to meet knew people, expand your world view, and become a better communicator.
I went to a music panel for Cal State Fullerton's Entertainment/Tourism Studies Club. I went to get extra credit for my ET 334 class, but I also went because the last time I went out of my way to an event like this, it helped me decide the direction I wanted my career to go in. Tonight helped me take another step in that direction by showing me what I need to do in order to get there. One of the best things I heard all night was from one of the panelists who seemed like a pretentious jerk the whole time. In his closing words he expanded on everyone's recommendation to take risks, and it echoed something that I've heard Mr. Beglinger, my old Econ teacher, always say:
"Take risks...then evaluate and adjust."
If something doesn't work out, don't repeat the same mistake. Evaluate what went wrong and what you could do better, then adjust to the circumstances.
I'm going to do what I've wanted to do for the longest time: I'm going to go to Europe, specifically England and Italy. I plan to visit England within the year, and I need to make that plan happen (even if it's only for a week).
"The pain of discipline only lasts until you do it, but the pain of regret will last you a lifetime."
Here's to no regrets. Here's to giving it my all. Here's to happiness because it's something I will have for the rest of my life.