Monday, September 7, 2009

300th Blog Perfect Confidence

Wow, little did I know I would make it to my 300th blog so fast. I guess it just kinda creeped up on me. For once, I'm not going to be putting too much emphasis on one of these BIG milestones because today was such a good day that it warrants a good blog.

Current song of the moment: "Bleed It Out" by Linkin Park



Have you ever had that one song that pumps you up so much when you listen to it that you get chills every time its played. I had one of those feelings today. This song just pumps me up and is a great song to drive to. Mad props to Ace Enriquez for introducing me to this song (I pay tribute to Ace by the style my blog is set up today with the music video and then a little blurb after it). I have to admit, I was a little surprised when I found out that this is a Linkin Park song as I usually do not care much for their music (Crawlin' in My Skin is catchy, but it annoys the crap out of me).

Today was one of those days where everything good seemed to happen. It was a chill day, but one of those days that I could almost call perfect. Day started off with me waking up and playing some video games (Bioshock). Then I asked around a few friends that I haven't talked to in awhile to see if they'd be down for lunch. Jem got back to me with an interesting request: peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Man, I haven't made those since the days of yore, back in high school and working for Mervyn's. You really get the most bang for your buck when you go to the grocery store instead of a fast food place (2-liter Hawaiian Punch for 89 cents!). Next we made PB&J and played some el Scrabble. It got so intense that Kimberly had to stop studying to come out and moderate the game for us. I can't say who won, but it was a game of epic proportions.

I had to go, but I still had an hour to kill before playing bball with the LoG guys. I called around, and Mark Sexyman Sescon ended up taking me in. Well what did I know, surprise surprise, Joyce was there! I forgot that Joyce lives in Sherry's apartment, but it was really good seeing her after a couple of months. My quote of the day: "So this is where you've been hiding." ;) Love you Joyce! Mark and I got to talking about the script for the movie he wants to make, and I had a great time talking movies and television shows with him. I was talking to Scuba the other day, and we agreed that most people need to have that one trait that each person shares in order to order to really develop meaningful relationships. With Mark it's our love for film, our desire to make film, and indie music. It was good catching up.

Next it was off to K-Fed Park to play some basketball. The numbers were small, but it allowed us to get a lot of games in (6). I lost the first two games, took a break, then won the last two games with Scuba. It was in those final two games that I realized how true my philosophy works to my life: Don't try to hard. Just chill and have a good time, and everything else seems to fall into place. What happened was that I stopped trying so hard to make shots, and I started relaxing and just shooting the ball. I ended up making nearly all my 3-pointers (which surprised the crap out of everybody), and Scuba and I ended up dominating. What's most important was that I got my confidence back in my basketball abilities. I've said before that when I'm confident in something, I can be a very dangerous person (not just in sports but in other things as well). If I was motivated and confident in myself every day of my life, I doubt that anything could stop me from getting what I want.

Life is fun. Life is hard work. Hard work is not fun. Hard work pays off. Work hard, but don't try too hard, if you know what I mean. Don't forget to relax and chill along the way like Jem, Mark, Joyce, Scuba, Julian, Andrew, Jay, and I did today. You'll love life, you'll love yourself, and who knows, sometimes God is calling you to certain situations because he wants to give you something. I do know that I got my confidence back today, and had one of the best days of the summer, and I didn't even do too much.

P.S. I found out Julian and Andrew play DOTA on Warcraft III, and I'm pretty stoked. I've wanted to play DOTA with my friends for the longest time because it gets boring just playing with random people, but I've never known anyone who plays, or is any good. If you play DOTA, hit me up, and we'll have fun pwning the BNet ;)