Sunday, September 6, 2009

DPC #2 and Relation Month

I got my second Disney Photo Challenge win! A lot of people really like this photo, and I think it's because it is really original. I'm actually surprised no one has ever done this before, because of course we know that Tiggers like to jump ;)

Last night I was supposed to go clubbing for Steph C's bday. At first I was totally stoked, until I told my dad that I'd be going clubbing that night. I told him it was in West Hollywood, and he replied "West Hollywood?" For those of you who don't know (I didn't know until last night) West Hollywood is the notoriously gay community of Los Angeles. I then looked up the club on Yelp and sure enough it was a gay club. Now I don't have any problem with gay people, but I would definitely feel awkward if a member from my own sex was flirting with me. I felt that if I went into THEIR club, I would just be asking for it because it's their territory. Sure enough I didn't go, but I'm sure that I'll go someday. I guess it's something to experience, even if all experiences aren't necessarily good ones.

Speaking of experiences, I plan to experience a rave soon. I hear mixed things about them, but for the most part I know the things I will and won't do. I can handle myself in the atmosphere around me, and I plan to just go and party it up with the dancing and meeting new people. I'll be going with my friend Lauren, who takes pictures for clubs and raves, and if I'm not having a good time, I'll just kick it with her and help her take pictures. Eh, it's something to experience =)

I've got to experience a lot of things over the past month because I haven't been working too much. It was definitely a relieving month. I was able to get closer to people I didn't have solid relationships with, and I was able to hang out with friends whose relationships have sorta faded over the past couple years. 4 people stand out as the MVP's of the month. These people are Cody, Jem, Jaimeesia and Kimchi. All of our relationships have strengthened because of this month and the extra time I've had to hang out. I really envy those people who just go to school and don't work. I wish I could do that so that I could hang out with the people I care about more often. Unfortunately, I see a lot of people fail to capitalize on this free time and instead waste it sitting in front of the computer instead of going out. Going out doesn't necessarily mean dressing up and having a good time at night. Going out could also mean, throwing on a clean shirt and shorts and going over to your friend's house to chill for a couple hours just shooting the breeze. I'm definitely thankful I was able to shoot the breeze more often with Cody, Jem, Jaimee, and Kimchi because they're all definitely people I want to keep in my life.

Quote of the day:
Iz: "I don't need any guy in my life because I have you two guys."
Scuba: "Man, you're fucked up...We're losers."

Tigger