A person who sacrifices everything for the sake (happiness) of others. Hmm, sounds familiar.
The Dark Knight was truly a movie that tested who you are as a person and what you are willing to do for the ones you love (how far are you willing to go?). Anyone who has seen Batman Begins should not be expecting as much acting from Christian Bale, but should be looking forward to one of the best performances I've ever seen from an actor in Heath Ledger's roll as the Joker. As an actor I appreciate all the little things he did to bring his character to life, from the eye movement to the facial expressions to the way he swayed his hands when he walked/talked, there was nothing forgettable about what he did. Such a great performance makes me very sad because he will never be able to deliver like that again. I would have really enjoyed seeing him reprise his roll in another movie, but alas pray for the departed =(
How many times have you been tested to do something you promised yourself you would never do? Did you succeed, did you fail? One thing I can recall succeeding and being true to myself is sex. I have been presented with the "opportunity" numerous times, but have always refrained and stayed true to what I believe. That's not to say what happened wasn't hard. It was VERY hard (excuse the pun) to overcome temptations, but that's what matters: what the outcome is and why you do what you do. There's a part in the movie that involves the Joker and two bomb-rigged boats, that really tests the lengths people are willing to go for themselves and those they love. You can really see who you are when you're living in the moment and deciding by impulse rather than mental maturity.
Do you think I'm mature enough to make sound decisions?