So we were playing this song in the car before going to the show, and when we get to the show, the same band is playing the same song right when we walk in. I tell Charmaine, "This is gonna be a good show."
I had a great time tonight, and Charmaine got to see her first show. We missed Charlene though, but we know she wanted to be there if she could. Also Chris, it would have been awesome to have him there, rocking out to all our favorite music. Some bands to remember are Houston Calls (they were hilariously good and highlighted the show without headlining it), We Shot the Moon (like always), and A Change of Pace (who were on and off with their music, but they hit a good one with a Hanson cover, haha). I can't wait until the next show, probably around the end of August, Meg and Dia.
As far as shows go, I miss my long hair. I try to nod my head harder to make up for the lost hair, but it just hurts more in the morning. I don't feel like an "Indie-kid" anymore, kinda feel out of place. Just goes to show how looks can change the way a person thinks about you or how you think about yourself. My favorite thing to do at shows is: Whatever the hell I want to do. If I'm dancing weird and I've got some girls giving me bad looks, so what, I'm going to do whatever I want to have fun and not worry about judgements. These people won't ever see me again after tonight, or at least won't remember me. I would be an even bigger loser if I let strangers actions dictate the way I would live my life. I loved how Charmaine kept jumping up and down with one hand in the air saying, "I think this song is going to be a cool song." Some fools tried to mosh her, and I knocked their asses down. Woo hoo! Victory for team Charmaine and Steve.
Man I'm on cloud nine right now. It's such a hard feeling when things are going soooo good, yet sooo bad. I just want you to come home soon.