Saturday, June 12, 2010

World of Color

Can I say that World of Color at Disney('s) California Adventure is the best show that I have ever seen of that magnitude? Well I'm going to say it whether you agree with it or not (or most likely you haven't even seen the show because I just got back from the public premier). The show was fantastic and has replaced "Fantasmic" as my favorite live show at an amusement park. I stood in awe as the water, colors, and music filled the air and even muttered an "Oh mah gawd," at how impressed I was.

The day started with Cody and I going to Disneyland around 6:15 a.m. I had woken up at 4:50 a.m. to go with Camila, Lynda, and Maivy, but they did not succeed in waking me up despite their valiant effort of 31 missed calls + my alarm, which did nothing to wake me from my deep slumber. After waiting in line for what seemed like forever (even though we ended up getting fast pass tickets much earlier than anticipated), Cody, Tony, Maricar and I decided we would wake ourselves up with an early morning Grizzly River Run ride. Not only did we get soaked before 9 a.m., we went on in twice! We were so cold that riding "Soarin' Over California" felt like a warm ride for once. Then we left, went home, and I'm sure everyone passed out. We came back around 6:30 p.m. for the 9 p.m. show, and had a good time hanging out, taking pictures and playing "13."

After the show we went to the Hollywood Backlot to Disney's new club. Let me tell you, it's way better than the "Mickey Mouse Club." Tony and I entered the center of one circle and entertained legions of fans with our superior dance moves we ripped off of Kaba Modern and Jabawockies.

Overall, quite an impressive and gratifying mission we busted today.

DSC_0271