Monday, June 28, 2010

Hot 'n Cold

Katy Perry was right about me: I AM hot and cold, yes and no, in and out, up and down.

It's so easy how we can go from Cloud 9 to 90,000 Leagues Under the Sea in a matter of weeks, days, hours or minutes.

I'm not going to be working for Boys and Girls Club this summer. I am going to be celebrating my birthday in Vegas in three days. I'm not going to be going to Disneyland for the next month and a half. I am going to be renewing and so will my sister tomorrow when I take her to Disneyland. I can't focus during mass with my family. I had a great time at mass and eating a birthday dinner at Claim Jumper with them today. I'm a dreamer. I'm a realist. I fail. I succeed.

We spend days, months and years worrying about things out of our control. We spend even longer trying to control these things. One thing I've learned is that we can't always be hot, and being as hot as "you wish your girlfriend was hot like me" is out of our control. Some days will be better than others, but that doesn't mean to fret about the lows or envy the goods. It means to enjoy life as it comes. The character Lafayette said something memorable about suffering tonight and enduring through it during an episode of "True Blood" I watched tonight. I'm definitely going to go back and find that quote, and I'll be sure to put it up later cause the words were pretty good. He said it right after Tara tried to kill herself. Anyway, don't worry so much and just roll with the punches. Things will be alright.

I asked Toni Vasquez the other night that if she wasn't Catholic, what religion did she think she would be. She asked me the same question and why I chose to remain Catholic, and I think that I was pleasantly surprised by my own answer: LOVE. I said that everything we do is out of love, motivated by love, or with the intention to love. Love is one of the main focuses of our Catholic faith. Love is what we are called to do to each other as Jesus' greatest commandment. We are asked to love God, show that love to our brothers and sisters, and act upon that love. To answer the song "What's love got to do with it?" Well, everything. I was blessed enough to experience that love, which allows me to share it with everyone I know.

Half the time I feel like my "stream-of-conscious" ramblings after 2 a.m. when I blog don't make any sense. Half the time I'm probably right 100% of the time. I'm going to look back on these posts in the future, and I'm going to think, "Damn, that shit was retarded," or "What was I smoking?" but I sure hope that if you're reading this, you get some insight to what I think about at two in the morning at least. =P

Now go change your mind like a girl changes clothes and live life.