Friday, June 25, 2010

Misc.

Man, there are some pretty horrendous movies out there that have spawned from the successes of the first two "Scary Movies" ("Meet the Spartans" and "Not Another Teen Movie"). I'm a little ashamed that I watched both of these movies during our free trials of HBO and Cinemax, but I guess I can understand why it's FREE now.

Scuba, Isobel, Nick and I watched "Grown Ups" last night. While it was a funny movie, much of the humor came from slapstick-type situations like Kevin James getting the crap beat out of him. Don't get me wrong, I laughed, but it was definitely one of the cheesiest movies I've seen this side of 1999. It had good messages and morals, but if you have the choice, go with "Toy Story 3" instead.

I bought two lenses for my camera yesterday: a Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-4 and a Nikkor 55-200mm f4-5.8. I'm pretty excited for these lenses because I know have all the focal lengths I need in order to do everything that I want to do. Yes, I wish the F-stop could be a little lower, but so does every photographer ever, and I'm not going to complain. Mad props to Paul Barreto for coming with me to make sure the guy I was buying the lenses from wasn't a "cereal" killer (the Lucky Charms kind) and make sure I wasn't getting screwed over with the lenses.

After buying the lenses, I went over to iFaith to kill some time before playing basketball later. Never would I have thought I'd say this, but I think Nez got me addicted to daily mass (and I only went ONCE!). I dunno if it was just because of how random it was, or the fact that Fr. Will was presiding (whom I met a couple years ago when I was first starting my spiritual journey and discerning), but I really enjoyed going last Monday to Our Lady Queen of Angels. I'd really like to go back and set aside time for the Eucharist once a week other than Sunday. It's time to stop running and start embracing.

My head and heart are in conflict once again. My heart says to follow my head and my head says to follow my heart. Shoot son, a bunch of indecisive mofos up in here.

It's official. I'm going to start a comedy-sports blog, and see if I can get it popular and make some money off of it. How much do domain names cost nowadays? I'd rather not have ".wordpress.com" at the end of my site.

About to take of to Dizland with Jimbo and try out my new lens. Let's do it!