Sometimes I think I'm selfish, sometimes I think I'm mean, sometimes I think I'm an dirty, but most of the time I think I'm clean (Check out that rhyme!).
I need a confidence boost (like on the real). It's something that I've looked like I've had for the longest time, but sometimes I can't even tell if I'm faking it or not. Russell Brand has been my inspiration lately. I was reading things from his website, and I read that when he graduated high school, he wrote a letter to his girlfriend that said, "Maybe you'll become as famous as me someday. If so, see you at the top." How much freakin' confidence is THAT? You see, Russell Brand's confidence has made him a pseudo-role model for me. THAT'S the kind of confidence I want to have in my life. I want to be so confident that I make others around me confident by just being around me. I want to be able to create a body wash and name it "Confidence by Steve." I want to be able to look out the window of a burning building and know for a fact that I will be saving every single person in that building before it comes crashing down. I want to be able to walk into a job and say, "No sir, I am worth much more than that, and I understand my worth." Maybe not those exact words but inspire that kind of feeling with my words and the way I carry myself.
I might be quitting my job soon. I'm definitely not making any money, and the window to be hired at Boys and Girls Club is closing fast (if it's not closed already). I'll call up Josh tomorrow when I take a break and probably make my decision sometime tomorrow after talking with my boss(es). I will have the confidence to say what needs to be said and hopefully everything will work out for the better.
Today was a great workout day. Went bodyboarding at the beach with Scuba, then had some bomb burgers from T.K. Burger. You got to try that place (better than In N Out). After T.K. we walked around Main Street then played some bball with the LOG G's. Basketball would have been much more fun had I not had jockage the whole time. If you don't know what jockage is, don't look it up, but just know that it hurts, and you SHOULDN'T be doing ANY physical activity (let alone hardcore basketball). As the games went on, I started feeling a little better, but shit still hurt. The night ended great bowling with Kim, Mel, Krystle Diane, Julian, Beltran, Scuba, and Estrada. I thought it was one of the first times I got to see Kim have fun, which made me smile. We haven't hung out a lot, but I can tell she's a cool person (if very introverted). Kim and I even created an "awkward spare" motion to add to all the "awkward palmtrees" and "awkward turtles." Big thanks to Mel for setting that all up. BTW, don't let Mel trick you into thinking that he's not good at bowling. He'll school you, and then give you you're degree as you walk out the door with a major hurting.