While I've been on the verge of ranting for weeks now, I need to stop acting like my shit don't stink.
Life is good. There's no better way to put it. I'm happy and I've got great people in my life. Each day is a new experience with something new to learn and someone new to meet. Today I met someone who I met almost two years ago. Confused yet? Me too.
Today I kicked it with Julia (aka "Jungle Juria"). We met on a webcam website called "Stickam" a few years ago when I was into that whole thing. I made a couple of friends through the website, but until today I had only met one (Lauren aka "el Kay"). I was a little nervous as we had talked about kicking it for awhile, but we were finally making it happen. The first few minutes were as awkward as a midget trying to ride Boomerang, but being too short for the ride. Things turned around rather quickly though as we had an awesome day sharing dirty jokes, playing at Dave and Busters, and just generally kicking it and shooting the breeze. Overall, I'd rate that chill time a 8.7 out of 10, which is very good.
People are often surprised that I have a serious side to me. I goof around more than Doink the clown, but I can get more intellectual than Ghandi some days. It all depends on whether I think the person I'm talking to will feel comfortable with what I have to say. To me, I guess, it's a trust issue. Very few people I'll share with just because I don't trust them very much. However, if you initiate the conversation with me, I will happily continue the dialogue with you.
I watched "Crazy Heart" starring Academy Award winner for best actor Jeff Bridges with my sister and Scuba today. I got to admit, I wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be. The movie was solid, but I felt like I could not relate to any of the characters. You would have had a tough time with the movie had you not dealt with alcohol addiction or had someone in your family who had dealt with it. Jeff Bridges did great, but I searched for some dramatic climax to the movie, which ended like a broken firework rather than a big bang. The music in the movie was great though. I'm definitely down to buy that soundtrack (no illegal downloads kids).
"Back to my roots" will probably be the theme of my blogs for the next couple days. I'm tired of sounding like I'm complaining, and I'm going to do something about it by staying positive and reflecting that in my blogs (much like I used to do when I first started blogging). The sky is bright, the grass is green, and life is good.