Monday, May 10, 2010

Good Surprises

Life is often filled with mysteries and the unexpected. Don't believe me? Watch "Lost," "24," or check under your bed for some really unexpected surprises. You spend life trying to plan everything out when you forget that anything can happen at any time. Life is flexible, and you must be too.

On Thursday, my friend, Nez, and I went to Disneyland. We got there at 8:45 only to find out that they closed at 8 p.m. that night. All I can say is, "Eff high schoolers and their stupid grad night." Instead of going home, Nez and I faced adversity and adapted. We hadn't had a chance to kick it just the two of us in well over a year, so we were due for some quality time and didn't want our night to end so quickly. We decided that now would be a great time for an adventure and started exploring the Disneyland hotels. We started with the Californian or whatever the heck it's called wood lodge-thingy. We debated pulling a "Ram and Steve" and climbing on the roof of the hotel, but not only did that seem dangerous and stupid while drunk, but Disney would have for sure deported our asses to some backwater country (despite us both being American citizens). We ran around the place taking pictures and having a real good time catching up. We ate at the bar at the Paradise Pier hotel, and I was able to do something I haven't been able to do in a LONG time: open up to someone.

This past year has been filled with so much fun and laughter, but it has lacked any sort of seriousness or intellectual inspiration. It could be a reason that my blog posts dropped from 20-a-month to 5-a-month. My heart has hardened over the year due to failed attempts at relationships and no real outlet to express my feelings. Yeah Scuba and I talk, but it's so much more different when you have a girl's perspective on things. I guess it was a step forward for me. I felt like a got to know my friend a little bit better that night too.

We ended the night watching oldschool Disney cartoons in a little kids room (the chairs were too small for me to sit in), and things like "Chip 'n Dale" brought back some great memories of my childhood. We headed home, but not before stopping and checking out the stop sign in Irvine that Ram and I had dumped off earlier this week. Nez and I tried to get the sign in the car, but it was just too big. I ended up hiding the thing behind a dumpster, and sure enough, Ram and his crew ended up picking up the sign last night, which now rests safely at his place. Epic end to an epic week.

Quick status: my new favorite drink is Goldschlager. It's like a cinnamon schnapps, but has little pieces of gold floating in it. Ram was a baller and poured us shots of it last night, and I did not need to even fall asleep in order to wake up feelin' like P. Diddy. That was definitely some good stuff. I checked it out today, and the drink is only $24. Sounds a little misleading if that really is "real gold" in that drink.

DSC_0151