"Just because we shouldn't live in the past doesn't mean we have to forget it." -Me
"You can talk to someone until your face turns blue, but until you can listen to them, you will never have a meaningful relationship." -Me
"Won't break my back for a million bucks that I can't take to my grave...It's time that I make time for life." -Toby Keith
These have been my last two weeks along with the inclusion of quotes from earlier. I have started thinking again, which is better than not thinking I guess. Part of that has to do with hanging out with having someone (kinda) to share my thoughts with again...even if it's just for a day.
I finished my last class of the semester today and then went to hang out at the Crosby in Santa Ana for Jay's bday. It was weird and cool at the same time. I think I was the youngest person there by at least 10 years. Joe might have been the second youngest? =P Then I ended my night catching up on Jack Bauer beating people's asses.
I haven't enjoyed this season of "24," which is unfortunate because it's possibly the last season ever. I have really hated some of the character progression and the path that Bauer seems to be on makes me not want to watch the show anymore instead of thinking "what's going to happen next." I can't remember one moment this season where I was thinking, "Man what a good episode. That was awesome." The last two episodes felt especially rushed, like the writers were thinking, "Oh shit, we're at the end of the season. We better start tying up some loose ends and build to the climax in two episodes." I'm going to miss "24," and I'm probably not going to have any reason to watch television anymore. Yes, I'll probably get into "GLEE" someday, and "The Office" is always great for a laugh, but the suspenseful dramas like "24" and "Prison Break" were what kept me glued to the television (not comedies).
I still plan on ranting soon, but every time I begin to type, I decide against it. I think it's best that way. By not typing what I'm feeling, I guess I make sure that people don't end up feeling hurt. I have a question: Is it okay to tell your friends that you don't agree with them, or that you don't think that they're giving their best after the fact something has happened, or to just let it rest and forget about it?