Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mafia Man

It just got better. Tonight turned around from uncertainty to absolute fun. I didn't know how tonight would be, but I was sure I'd find something fun to do (maybe hang out with Scuba and play FIFA Street again). I ended up getting a call from Charmaine inviting me to come hang out at Interfaith tonight as the prepped the materials for Homeless Outreach. Scuba and I ended up going, but we got there late and they were already done. We spent the next couple hours telling jokes and being in good company (What would you do if you were attacked in an empty basketball gym by 10,000 military trained 5-year olds?) We ended the night with a great game of Mafia.

This was my favorite game of Mafia EVER. So great that it deserves its own paragraph ;). For the first time in Mafia history, I survived all the way to the end (so technically I won). I survived with Nez, Gerard, and Jordan, and my favorite part of the night was when I had Gerard convinced that I wasn't the killer, haha. He was like there's no chance Steve is the killer (I had told everyone that I couldn't be the killer because I was DEAF! I even accused Kirsten of being HIGH at one point, haha sorry Kirs ;) ). The four remaining of us found all the killers and saved the day, and it was a great time. I'll probably always remember this game whenever I play Mafia.

I'm blessed tremendously with such beautiful things in my life. From beautiful people, to beautiful friendships, to beautiful friendships with beautiful people, to my family, to my talents, to my job, to how fortunate I am to be in the situations I'm in, my life is tremendously amazing. I will be the first to say that I don't thank God every day for all these great things (though I sure try to), and I don't put God first in a lot of tough decisions I've been making. I need to always remember this prayer (from Liturgy of the Hours):

"God come to my assistance. Lord make haste to help me. Glory to the Father and the Son, and the Holy Spirt...as it was in the beginning is now, and ever shall be, the world without end, Amen."

Give all glory to God and ask for His help. We must not be too proud to think we can get by without Him. I need to remember that I don't need to be independent, that God wants me to seek His help and respond to His Grace. Now I need to remember this and prepare for being MC next weekend on the retreat, as well as the prayer meditation for that Friday night.

(My blogs will get better, I promise ;) )