Friday, January 9, 2009

I Dare You to Break It

It's January 9th and I have only blogged once in the last 9 days. That is something that I don't think I've done since May. I'm not getting over blogging, and I still have a ton to say, so why haven't I been on here in awhile? There are two answers: 1. I've been out having so much fun, that I have had little time or desire to blog when I get home. 2. ...

Don't worry, it's a good thing, I'm just not ready to share about it just yet. Someday I will though.

When I first started, I wrote blogs for 3 reasons: The first reason was to put my thoughts into words, which greatly relieved stressed and combed me into a better writer. The second reason was to document my life, leave a hard copy of how I felt and what I would like to read about myself when I'm in the future (to see how I've changed/matured/etc.) The third reason was to give an insight into my life to people who don't see me everyday and paint a picture for them with my words (maybe, even the slightest chance, my words would have a positive impact on people, which I know it has on occasion).

Here's the insight to my life: I'm having the BEST break ever. Had I imagined how great this break was going to be once it started, I still feel that I would have topped that fantasy. I've been constantly bombarded with excitement, joy, and especially love. Every day has been an adventure, whether it be playing golf, going to the improv, basketball, videogames, buca di beppo, movies, bowling, shopping, church, scrabble, and Barnes and Noble, fun has been with me. And by fun, I mean God. Everything I've done this break has been so wholesome and lovely, and I really hope God is proud of the choices I'm making. I hope I'm doing alright by Him, yet I still ask every day for guidance and wisdom. Amidst all this excitement, I have reached some major crossroads regarding my future. Even though I ended up squaring away all my classes for this semester, the time may come soon where I am going to have to choose school over work. If I dedicated myself as much to school as I do to Boys and Girls Club, I would be a straight A student well on his way to starting his career. Crossroads. Another crossroad I have reached is to decide whether to be honest or selfless. Crossroads. Either way, I know my life is going to be affected for the better. I wish I would type more, but I don't trust myself tired at 1am.

Please pray for my mom. She's doing okay, but she tripped in the doctor's office the other day and ended up with 14 stitches in her mouth and her vertebrate bulging into her spinal chord. It sounds worse than it is, but hopefully all that will be needed is the swelling to go down in the vertebrate and everything will go back to normal. Right now, my mom's hands hurt pretty bad, but wow is she a trooper. She decided to get up and drive herself to work today. My mom is much tougher than she looks, but please pray for her so that she won't have to be in pain much longer.

Can I tell you that I feel like I have made a rare find? Can I say that I never would have expected this, but that it's probably the best feeling in the world? You can't buy this in the store, and it's more precious than gold. Is this rarer than finding a vegetarian that works at Outback Steakhouse? Is this better than cleaning your car and finding $40? I think so!

=)