Just to touch on a friend's blog, if you give away so many pieces of yourself, what is left for you?
Today was good. I was glad I was able to make it to my sister's soccer game. I don't get to see her play much, and it turns out she's blossoming into a very good soccer player. She did some really cool defense moves I wish she would teach my soccer team. Speaking of soccer, in this year full of joy, coaching soccer has become the lone dark cloud hanging over my emotions. I'm trying hard, but it's not enough. My kids aren't motivated and are quitting. It saddens me (and pisses me off) to see them just up and quit something so easily. If I was losing, I would want to do everything in my power to get better so that I wouldn't lose again, but I can't understand why my players can't see that. Knowing absolutely nothing about soccer and trying to teach it to a bunch of kids is very frustrating, especially when they don't know how to listen. It's not that they DON'T listen, but that they don't know how. They haven't played on very structured teams before. I wish they would just give back as much as I'm trying to give them, y'know.
Happy birthday Lynda, your birthday party was great (and extravagant). Mad props to your mom for organizing all of that and you 200-something family members for showing up ;) It was great to get the dance floor started with GL close behind. I still feel that even though I'm trying to lead, I'm still getting left behind. Maybe it's a sign, I don't know.
Finished the night playing games on the Wii with Scuba. That guy is really good at useless games that don't mean anything, haha, he knows what I'm saying ;)
Quotes of the night:
Scuba's dad, Ken: "You can do whatever you want with my body once I'm dead, I won't need it anymore. You can bury my head and feet in the sand and use my ass as a bicycle rack."
We were laughing so hard, but I couldn't help thinking, When was the last time Scuba or I rode a bicycle =P
And I know this quote isn't from tonight, but from a couple weeks ago from comedian Greg Wilson: "I'm all for gay people getting married. It takes the best looking guys and the ugliest girls and evens the playing-field for the rest of us!"
Laughter is my weapon of choice. I love laughing.
Don't worry, let the night rest upon you. Let the wind sweep you away. Let the pillow hide your face. When you awake from sleep, arise and seize the day.