Sunday, November 15, 2009

Love Sick

And no, not in the romantic way.

I'm sick. It's no surprise because I knew it would happen, but its just like elementary school: you keep wanting to get sick so that you'll miss school, but when you finally do get sick, all you want to do is get better again, even if it means going back to school.

I'm kinda like that in my faith a little now that I'm on my own. It's been a struggle and I keep running away from where I was, only to want to be back there again, and it's tough 'getting better again.' I guess I tried to take a step in the right direction by changing up my mass location this week. Of course I had to sacrifice softball to do it, but I had no business playing outside in the cold air in my condition anyway. Well I went to mass at Interfaith, and guess what, I could actually understand the homily! Hallelujah! It might be a sign that your in the wrong place when Advance Placement Calculus is easier to understand than the priest. Fr. John Francis got me thinking about mortality, which scared the shit out of me at the beginning of his homily, but he reminded us that the only things we bring with us once we're gone are our FAITH and LOVE.

1 John 4:7-8 "7Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love."

I need not be afraid of my mortality, like Woody Allen says, "It's Not That I'm Afraid of Dying. I Just Don't Want to be There When It Happens." While I'm here, I need to follow my own advice: Live, Laugh, and Love. With those three things you will find happiness. And I feel those three things are where I find God. Whether it be going out and doing something, living my life, rather than just sitting at home wasting it away, I'll find God. If it's laughing with my friends over a Youtube video, or Myk Baretto answering the randomest question I've ever asked someone in seconds (What was the name of that song sung by Haiku in Nickelodeon's Snow Day? Answer: Another Dumb Blonde), it is an act of God's grace. And if it's an experience of love, then it's definitely God, because like the First Letter of John says "...love comes from God...God is love."

I have fun, and sometimes my faith takes a back seat to that fun, but I feel that with the right balance, I won't lose sight of God's love nor its importance in my life.

I really wish I could blog more. Things have been so busy lately. I'm gonna make a big announcement in my next blog (even though it's not that big because I've already talked to a number of people about it), but it's about my occupation and school. I had to make a choice, and I made the choice. Now I'm going to have to deal with responsibility. I told JaimeeSia today that I was looking for internships. She told me to list down 15 places that I wanted to work for. The first thing that popped into my head was "FIFTEEN?! That's a lot!" Then I was at Interfaith today with the Liwanag guys and girls practicing for Benefit Concert 2009, and I thought about it again: This would be an awesome thing to do. It's going to help me organize my thoughts, and give me options on the things I can do or what I'm going to need to get there. So here's 15 companies I would like to work for off the top of my head:

1. Angels Baseball
2. Star 98.7
3. Warner Bros.
4. Shannon Barr Public Relations
5. Pixar
6. Jack FM
7. Paramount
8. Blizzard
9. Club Bang
10. Birth Choice
11. American Apparel
12. TNA or WWE (or just for Eric Bischoff in general)
13. The Higher (or their record label)
14. Lakers or Clippers
15. Paul Frank