Monday, November 16, 2009

I'm Blogging Right Now Because I Need to Catch Up to Anna

Yes, I'm blogging because a certain someone called me out for not blogging as much as I used to. I'm competitive and now I plan to squash the competition (Anna) in the blog world! =P Just kidding.

Well I got to catch up with a lot of people today. Saw some old and familiar faces at Jamie Obal's 21st birthday party at Yardhouse today, but before that we got to play a quick game of basketball.

I have a newfound confidence in my basketball "skills." Yes, I probably shouldn't challenge Lebron to a one-on-one yet, but I am getting better on the court. I now make a lot of my jump shots, and I'm not afraid to shoot them. When I first started playing with the LOG G's, I was intimidated and didn't think I was as good as them. I would turn the ball over and think in my head, man, they must think I suck right now. I'm sure they won't pass me the ball. I'm sure he didn't mean it, but one of the guys even looked at me like Man, I'm never gonna pass THAT guy the ball. But that looks sparked a fire inside me. I was motivated to make sure that he would never give me that look again. It all started when Scuba and I played two-on-two games with Andrew, Julian, and Jay. Scuba and I won every game and I made a couple of 3-pointers. My confidence has absolutely soared since that day, and even the guy who I felt gave me the look, wanted to guard me to stop me from scoring. Little does he know that that is the biggest compliment I have EVER received on the basketball court, and I love playing with him (even though a couple of us get overcompetitive sometimes). Then Mel, Scuba, and I went to Jamie's.

It was great catching up with a couple of people like King Chris, Ram, and T-Vo, and it was also great seeing people I haven't seen a lot the last couple months like Brenton, Anna, and Jake. I feel like King Chris and I are getting closer. He's a really cool guy. Even though he might be a little flamboyant for some people, he's good in my book. I taught him and Ram sign language to pick up ladies, not that they need it mind you (especially Ram) ;). Tonight also helped me realize how much closer Mel and I have gotten over the past year. Before, I really only knew him as the guy that played piano at Liwanag. In fact, Scuba started getting to know him more before I did. Now that Mel and I are tight, I've realized how cool of a guy he can be. He and I are on the same page on a lot of things, and it's good to know another person shares the same views as me.

Spent the end of the night watching college basketball with Brenton at the bar, cheering for Cal State Fullerton to beat UCLA for the first time ever in college basketball (I go to Fullerton, Brenton goes to UCLA). Fullerton pulled it out in double overtime to pull of a HUGE upset. I had never been so proud to be going to Cal State Fullerton. I might even go to a couple of basketball games now.

Careful Anna, mess with the bull and you'll get the horns! =P I'm going to outblog you some day. It may not be today or tomorrow, but it WILL happen =P