Don't you hate when things pile up? After awhile we begin to stare and dread that pile of junk in the corner of the room as it slowly gets bigger and bigger. We feel like it's taking over our room and lives, but at the same time we try to forget about it, hoping that mom will come in and the pile will just "disappear" on its own.
I've got a pile right now. Stuff just keeps building up while I sit around and complain about it. I know what needs to be done to start chipping away at the pile yet I constantly don't give my best effort. This past week was probably one of my least favorites of the year. My friend's DUI affected me a lot, then my grandmother passed away, then I had to turn down two jobs because of availability with the next semester coming up, and I am still unemployed, have no internship, and am running out of money. Needless to say, this sucks.
However, negativity has never been my forte. I'm more of a positive person and will continue to do so as I pick apart this pile of destruction. I started small today with a little something my friend Andrew brought up at the GL meeting last weekend: I made my bed. It may be the smallest thing you have ever heard of, and you may think it won't make a difference, but it's a change, and a positive one at that, which will hopefully help me build momentum with some weird-ass emotional physics and get me out of here.
If there's one good thing to look at through all of this it's that I'm stronger (both physically and mentally). I've been going to the gym a lot more, and I'm starting to work back towards the way I looked senior year of high school when I was in the best shape of my life (both physically and mentally).