Sometimes it takes a shitty week to help you remember to count your blessings.
I did not enjoy last week, not at all, but today ended up being a great day. I got my job back with the BGC! First, woke up early expecting a call from Boys and Girls Club telling me to start today, and by the time it was 10:30, I realized that I needed to get other stuff done so I left for Fullerton. On the way Thao calls me and asks if I can come in and sign some paperwork so I can start tomorrow (Wednesday). Now it's official, I can finally celebrate. If you haven't known, the past two months have been filled with much anxiety for me as I began job searching for the first time since I turned 18, and I didn't even have to search that hard back then. Daniel's mom pretty much got me my job at Mervyn's, and I didn't have to do any searching. I felt so much weight off my back now that I finally have a job again, and even more so since it's something that I love: working with kids.
Next, I went to Fullerton and set my class schedule and asked what I needed to do to graduate. Turns out that I'm perfectly on track to graduate next semester, and, hopefully, I don't need to take any more additional classes. This time next year, I will be a college graduate starting my career in the working world, entertainment or sports hopefully. I can't wait.
I recently got into the television series "Californication" thanks to Julia's friend, Anam. Going into this series, I wasn't expecting to like the show. Anam recommended it to me because I told her to watch more of "Entourage." I've never had any love for David Duchovny (Mulder from "X-Files"), but this show had me hooked from the very first scene with boobs, sex, and debauchery. However, once I looked pass the boobies, I saw a deep story with layers and careful character development, and I couldn't stop watching it. I watched the whole first season in two days (mostly because each episode is only 30 minutes long and there was only 12 episodes). At first I thought it was just a good show, but the way the season ended, I realized that this show ranks up there with "True Blood" and "Entourage" for me. Yet another reason why everyone should have HBO/Showtime (too bad I don't).
Sometimes we don't realize how special some things are until they're gone. Take a close look at your life and you might realize that most of the things you take for granted are the most important parts of your life. I'm glad I'm back at BGC.