"Sometimes your whole life comes down to one insane move." -Jake Sully
I don't know if I ever blogged about "Avatar," but I have got to say it is one of my favorite movies of all time. Now I've gotten into some heated discussions with people who feel that my argument for "Avatar" being better than "The Hurt Locker" is invalid, but to those I say "nay"...and "fuck you." Haha, just kidding. Hurt Locker was not a bad movie by any means. It was actually really good and featured some great acting, and it was different from Avatar. What Avatar did for me was something I never experienced watching The Hurt Locker. It touched me emotionally and made me think about life choices in a entertaining and memorable way. I may not be sure when this "insane move" is going to happen, but I'll let you know what it does. "Avatar" will also be the first movie I will ever buy on BluRay, which shows how much I enjoy this movie even after watching it again tonight.
I need to get motivated again. I've been having an awesome semester, but lately I've really fallen behind on my homework. I pretty much have not had school for nearly 2 weeks, and I've done nothing whatsoever. My thinking is that I really don't like this PR class. I'm starting to think if PR is going to be as boring as this class, then I don't want to do it. I'm loving Comedy.com, and my favorite part is finding posts that not a lot of people have seen. It kinda comes back to my enjoyment of promoting other people's products and watching the fruits of my labor come into be. I'll be sure to ask my step-cousin about managing sometime this week.
I haven't gotten to go to the Newport Beach Film Festival yet. This is mostly because NO ONE CAN GO WITH ME, or the people that do don't have the money or are not old enough. I don't blame them, this is a lot of money to spend for watching a movie and go to a party, but really, these are high class parties that are well worth it (with open bar too!). What I'm really starting to learn lately though is how few career interests I have in common with my friends. Very few of them are into movies, and even less of them don't really care about networking in the entertainment industry, which is totally fine. I'm just realizing that I am going to need to meet new people if I want to succeed in the entertainment industry, and I'm probably going to have to do it on my own... =/
My birthday is coming up on June 30, and I'm planning something HUGE. Initial plans point West to Maui. I would be so stoked to go to Hawaii, and I have the funds to do it. It would be great if a lot of people came, but I would also be fine with just four to five people too. Going to Hawaii costs a lot of money (into the $1,000-1,500 range), but we can make this happen if we get a committed group of people to go. The sooner I know who's going, the better the deals I can arrange. Last year was fun, but not the crazy, memorable experience I've been looking forward to having by waiting all these years to turn 21. Most of my friends weren't yet 21 last year during my birthday, so it really limited a lot of what I could go out and do. This year more people are 21, and I'm ready to go all out. Vegas, Miami, and New York are also on the list of potential birthday spots, but Hawaii is definitely my number one.