I'm getting back in my element. I couldn't figure out what I wanted to DO for Lent, what I wanted to focus on, but I think I finally came up with something. I didn't want to be someone who GAVE UP something for Lent, knowing full well that I would just go back to whatever I was doing once everything is all over. Well my plan is random acts of kindness. Yes I know we should be giving random acts of kindness all the time, but we also shouldn't be drinking soda or watching porn, but we do that all the time too =P When I say that I've found my element, I feel like focusing on random acts of kindness while expecting no reward is something I can be really good at. I know that I can make people smile, brighten their day, or help them forget about the things bothering them (even for a moment). I'm good at this, and this is what I'm going to do.
A year ago I was stuck in the snow with Liwanag. It was adversity at its finest, and I'll always remember one thing that my baseball coach always told us:
"Adversity hits us every day of our lives; it's what we do about it that makes us men or boys." (see, my asshole coach was good for something =P)
That day ended up being a challenge in more ways than one for everyone involved. We got stuck in the snow, had to dig the cars out, deal with a lack of heat and wet socks in the cabin, face an impending snow storm, and try to salvage a retreat that was definitely not going as planned. I decided to face this adversity the only way I knew how, with strength through laughter. (Check this out, Charlie Chaplin got it right). I did my best to make the people around me smile and to have a good time while doing it. I sang, I danced, I jumped down a snowy hill on a shovel (and failed miserably), heck we even started a snowball fight when I ran to take a piss down the street (thanks for following Charlene ;) ). I think it worked out well.
I'm in my element. Having fun again and making people smile. Maybe this comedy website really is what I've been looking for, a way to entertain people. Who knows, but right now I'm just gonna give them my best shot and learn as much as I can along the way. I already learned a little bit about making your blog look nicer, and how to promote it. I also found out about this website called "stumbleupon.com," which has been really helpful when it comes to finding cool stuff on the internet. I'm already ready to start my new post when I show up for my internship tomorrow.
I got elbowed in the face today. Talk about Smash Mouth. Got my lip busted wide open, but it's nothing really big. I think back to the wrestlers that do this every day, and I think Man this is nothin'. I can handle it, I just hope Julian's elbow is okay, but it's a little comedic that he has a tooth-sized hole in his arm now.
I'm going to try to network through Twitter, stumbleupon, digg, and reddit more now. Who knows, I might even become popular. I'm thinking about starting up a new blog with more of my lighthearted thoughts and not the really personal ones, which I'll save for here. Twitter is whatever, I'll do what I want on it because I like it so much =P Remind me to watch Groundhog Day and write my press release before Liwanag tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to this week.