Monday, September 6, 2010

Torn Up

I took my old shoes, wrapped them in duct tape, and made some makeshift basketball shoes today. My last pair of shoes had gotten torn up by my style of play, and, as a result, I haven't played a game of basketball in three weeks. Law invited me to go out and play in Cerritos today. Not one to shy away from competition, I made these shoes and proceeded to "ball up." The nice surprise of the day happened when we were playing 2-on-2 basketball, and I had Chloee on my team. At first, being over-competitive like I am, I was bummed out, but then I started feeding her the ball, and she started making shots. I think about halfway through, the other guys started trying, but by then it was too late. Chloee and I dominated 11-6. Hoorah.

Things have been way too busy lately. I haven't had time to blog, take pictures, or hang out with some old friends for awhile. Someone in particular, who I used to hang out with nonstop at the beginning of summer, and who I missed their birthday, hasn't seen me in probably a month, and there's not really anything to blame. I don't see my LoG peeps anymore, and I probably won't for awhile. Hopefully, they'll be understanding and know that I've got a lot to take care of this semester not just with school, but with life in general.

Tomorrow I start my internship. I'm sure it will be fun, and that I'll learn lots, but other than that, I have no clue what to expect or what's going to be expected of me. Adventure is out there, and I plan on carpe diem-ing the shit out of it.

Makeshift